Thursday, February 5, 2009

Baby Boy Foltice/ Winter of Bryan

We found out last week that we are having a baby boy! I knew it all along (see studious photo on graduation post to see my face when we found the news.) I am lining up basketball scholarship offers for 2027. We have a name picked out, but Dana has sworn me to secrecy.

Baby boy has started to kick Dana quite frequently, making his presence known during week 20. The baby book says she 'might' start feeling the baby during week 20, which is a scary sign of things to come for her. She has been feeling the baby kick for weeks already. It doesn't help that I was notoriously named 'bruiser' while in the womb for kicking so hard that my mom would bruise. Like father, like son.

Here is the lastest baby bump taken this past Monday:

I start a new job next Monday at Deutsche Bank. Fidelity told me to get lost when I put my two weeks in, paying me to stay home for two weeks. So that is what I have done. Like George Costanza, I proclaim this 'the winter of Bryan!'

After about a week and a half, it finally hit me: I am officially bored and ready to go to work. On the other hand, I am not sure if I will ever get two weeks off in a row, so I better make the most of it.

Dana gave me a list of things to do, which was a good list, but it didn't include booking red flag specials on lastminutegolfer.com or reading Business Week out in the sun, so I discarded it.

The 21 day fast is over, which is kind of bitter sweet. This week has been a complete dietary 180. Last week, it was fruits and veggies, and this week it's pizza and hot dogs. I can't help myself. I need to put some sympathy weight back on.

1 comment:

Jason and Lindsey said...

YEAH! Boys are the best...well, that's all we have to go on!!! Love the blog and ya'll too!!!

Lindsey and Jason