Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Please nominate Dana for What Not to Wear on TLC!

I can't believe that Dylan will be 1 month old this Sunday! This month has gone by so fast and he has grown so much. Every morning I swear he has gotten bigger or changed in some way ... or it could just be the lack of sleep is messing with my eyes. Here are a few things that I've learned:
  • 8 hours of sleep broken into 2 hour increments is NOT the same as 8 hours of consecutive sleep

  • Don't block the dog's path with the bouncy seat - he will hurdle over it instead of going the long way around if someone comes to the door

  • Oscar likes to steal pacifiers. These are now kept out of his reach.

  • We HOPE that the 432 diapers we bought will last us 2 months

  • Nothing is on TV between 4 and 6 a.m.

Also, you may have noticed that I'm not in many of the pictures that we've posted. That's because I still have the "new Mom" disheveled look, which means nothing is brushed, combed, made up, ironed or in photo-taking condition. Plus, I don't fit into anything but gym clothes or maternity clothes. I was watching an episode of What Not to Wear on TLC today and their target was a new mom who had a 4 month old baby. Prior to having the baby she wore nice, stylish clothes and just 4 short months later she was exclusively wearing sweats and slippers. It sounded like a familiar scene. I'm torn between eagerly walking down this path in hopes that I will get nominated to appear on this show - a $5,000 shopping spree and trip to NYC sounds pretty good - or putting on my running shoes and getting in pre-pregnancy shape ASAP so I can fit into my old clothes and actually have some decent family photos of Dylan's early months.

Here are some new photos.


Oscar is getting used to his baby brother. They will become "best buds" as Dylan gets older.

Dylan's umbilical cord stub finally fell off, so this is before the first "real bath."
After the bath ... very relaxed.
Dylan loves to sleep like this - so cuddly!

No comments: