Monday, August 24, 2009

Lots to Smile About


Ok, now that Bryan has his late 20's quarter-life crisis out of his system (aka: Rock and Roll Weekend), we have lots to smile about.

First, Dylan has started to smile back at us more frequently and it is SO CUTE! I, of course, have my camera out and try to capture as many of those smiles as possible. There will be a Dylan smile montage at the end of this post.

Second, my sister Robyn came to visit for a few days and meet Dylan for the first time. She has some friends who have been completely stressed out parents, which leads to stressed out, fussy kids, so being around a baby for an extended period of time wasn't at the top of her list. We gave Dylan some pep talks before she arrived to be on his best behavior - "Son, if you want cousins some day you better behave while Aunty Robyn is here." We ended up having a fabulous time. Dylan was excellent - he did not poop in her lap or spit up on her one time (he left that for me), and she grew quite attached to her little nephew by the end of the weekend. Dare I say she even uttered "Let me know when Dylan is up tomorrow morning. I need some more Dylan time before I leave." Mission accomplished.

Third, and probably the biggest reason to smile, Dylan has started sleeping through the night! Praise the Lord! Hallelujah! We've gone about a week now where he's slept from 10:30/11:00pm to anywhere between 5:30/7:00am. What a difference sleep makes!
Smile Montage... Ready, Set, GO!

No comments: