Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Time Is Here!

We are doing well now that we are past the croup incident. Dana and I still wake up instantly every time we hear Dylan cough in the middle of the night. Dylan had his 6 month checkup and everything looks good. He is now in the 90th percentile in height (down from 99th) though I am putting the measurement under protest, as his legs were not fully stretched. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Dana and I are in an extra good Christmas mood this year. We are making up for last year, when Dana was in her first trimester. I recall Dana not wanting to put a Christmas tree last year and I have made it a point to reminder her of that numerous times. We have pretty much all of our Christmas shopping done this year. I am not usually a power shopper and it may be just an excuse to get out of the house, but I have really been in a shopping mood recently. After the Christmas season, I will need to think of some other excuse (like the driving range.)

Dana has been on fire with cooking this Christmas season. She made double frosting for her sugar cookies (we always ran out of frosting in previous years) so we are now calling them frosting balls with a little sugar cookie under it.

This weekend and the past two weekends Dana and I have had social gatherings (yes, that’s 3 weeks in a row…a social hat trick.) I can actually bring something to the conversation when a co-worker asks on Monday what I did over the weekend. My weekend recaps are extremely boring compared to some of my younger colleagues who are fresh out of college. That is why they have dubbed me the “45 year old trapped in a 20 something year old body.” I wish I was making that up.

Everything else is going well. We will try to post something before Christmas. If not, Merry Christmas.

No comments: