Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Conversation With Dylan - written by Bryan

This past weekend, as I was trying to recover from being sick, Dylan kept pestering me to read to him.  I finally relented, but instead of reading a book about Bears or Cars, I read what I was reading, Crisis Economics, by Nouriel Roubini.  Yes, readers, this is what I actually read for leisure.

Anyway, after I stopped reading my book for a while (he actually listened as I read why credit default swaps should be more regulated...are you listening Occupy Wall Street people?)  we had a short but interesting conservation about what Dylan wants to be when he grows up.

To preface the two occupational choices that I gave Dylan, you must know that Dylan loves to count and he loves to pray.  His prayer is adorable and he says it in German before we eat and before he goes to bed - "Dear Jesus, Danke schön für alles.  Ich liebe dich. Amen."

Me:  Dylan, what do you want to be when you grow up?  Do you want to work in finance like Daddy, or maybe be a banker?
Dylan: Umm, I don't know.
Me: You could be a pastor and pray for people.
Dylan: No, Daddy.  Mess with people.
Me: So you want to be a banker, then.
Dylan: Umm, Yes.   



No comments: